Tuesday, February 9, 2010

RePast Symphonie 2nd Tutorial: a Failure Story

Hi All,


Its always beautiful to share your learning success stories to the world, but this time I think I should deliver the reality. In my 2nd tutorial RePast attempt, the wolf, sheep, and grass agents interaction model, I could not manage to run the simulation successfully.

In the first attempt I tried the "flowchart" method, in which the console generates automated groovy codes from the flowchart settings I arranged before.



I did also some mini debugging attempts, due to mistyping in the codes..



And when I try to run the simulation, it just won't work. I believe there are some missing information in the tutorial documentation. They should explain more.. I believe..

Then I tried the second method which is the simulation building via "coding" method...



And I got some notifications that my script is not correct. And I just typed the exact code as stated in the manual.. it is obviously weird and devastating... (at least for beginner like me.. :p)



This time the simulation counter runs, but I could not see any image..



Well, I know this kinda rubish news, but at least I share my experience with you.. I just sent an email to be listed in the repast discussion forum.. Until now I have not received any confirmation mail (4 hours already). I believe there is not so many documentation also regarding this tool. Too bad I was expecting something huge from RePast for my research.. I guess I should turn to other alternatives, (e.g. NetLogo, or just turn into basic coding for my ABMS research). If anyone of you know the solution to the bugs shown in the screenshots let me know, will you.. :) Ok, have fun and keep researching..

No comments:

Post a Comment