Monday, February 22, 2010

NetLogo, First Hand Experience

Hi All,

After desperately failed in the last Repast tutorial, I tried the new Agent Based Modelling Package called NetLogo. Although the appearance is not as fancy as repast, I remarked that many people use NetLogo for their research. I browsed down Youtube for a mini survey and found out that there are a bunch of people doing cool stuffs with NetLogo.



I managed to finish all the 3 preliminary tutorials within a day. The video above is showing you the result of my one day exploration. How do you think? Quite impressive for 1 day work isn't it?

I found this tool is simple and intuitive. Moreover easy to use for everyone who does not have programming experience. I strongly encourage everyone to try out NetLogo since the time invested for doing the introductory tutorial is not that much. Let see how far I would elaborate Netlogo in developing my research project.. I will keep you informed.. Bye..

No comments:

Post a Comment