Saturday, January 19, 2013

Network Plot with Gephi - My 1st Trial

After quite sometime from my initial blog about Gephi, finally I took some time to learn using it.  Actually, for few days I've been trying to find some available network plot packages that can be developed within R environment.  However I can't find one that can produce appealing visualization better than Gephi (at least for now).  For those of you who'd love to learn making network plots using R, I do recommend Dai Shizuka's blog for clear starter tutorials.  For those who want to learn Gephi, it will take you about one or two days to make descent graphs.  Gephi is quite easy to learn for a beginner.  In principle, I only need to read two guides (i.e. the quick start guide and the supported input files) to start.  For making a try out plot (below) I spent most of the time in preparing the edge list input file.  So give some time to try it yourself then... :)     

My First Gephi Plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment