Sunday, October 14, 2012

My First 5 Km Running Competition: Bergse Plasloop 2012


I and the Bergse Plasloop's Atmosphere.

Oh boy, I just had a wonderful experience today.  I was running for my first 5km competition under my cool workplace endorsement.  When I received the public invitation about the inter company competition 2 months ago, I was a bit unsure.  I never ran longer than 2k, and I'm not into athletics. I am more into game sports (e.g. football, basketball, table soccer, unfortunately no table basketball ;)).  Nevertheless, I was really interested and accepted the challenge to run for such a distance.  I thought, writing new experience in my book of life is not a bad idea.

The Route and The Results.
And.. it was not bad for a guy who did descent preparations.  In total, I practiced twice before the D-day.  The first one was a total disaster, 7 days before the D-day, I ran for about 3-5 minutes and my legs were aching (excuses excuses..).  The second practice, three days before the D-day, was a bit better, I ran for 7.125 km accidentally (actually I wanted to run only 5 km) for 50 minutes.  Today, I ran for the competition and quite happy with the result (25:45 minutes for 4.88 km).  Yeay,!!!  Thanks for the company who put me in the team and let me collect this brilliant experience.

The Gear and The Cool Running Shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment