Friday, July 8, 2011

Comprehensive Introduction to Cloud Computing & Multi-tenant Architecture

Hi, I have been exploring the internet for some useful material about cloud computing, SaaS, and multi-tenant architecture. For a novice like me, most of the articles out there are either too "geeky/ technical" or too "pop". In the end, I finally find a nice source of information from Microsoft's MSDN Library. Actually, I was expecting something better from the Google's side, but the URL I found is just too technical for me.


If you go to this URL, you can find some articles which are not so low level, yet not too high level either. Take an example, the article "Architecture Strategies for Catching the Long Tail" explains the business rationale of developing multi-tenant SaaS application (i.e. the relationship between the deployment instances and the economics of scale). Another brilliant article entitled "Multi-Tenant Data Architecture" explains nicely the issues that have to be considered in developing multi-tenant application (i.e. user management authority, data model customization for different tenants, etc). Surely there are a lot of things to explore in the mentioned MSDN library. The articles are written in 2006, and I just explored them now, what a laggard :). Anyway, in this case (transferring the SaaS - multitenancy issue and presenting them in a digestible manner to non "geek" people), I find that Microsoft is better than Google. Well, have a nice weekend everyone.

1 comment: